Saturday, July 21, 2007

Creativity Transcends

It has been my observation that many creative people dabble in more than one art form. In addition to being a writer, I am also a musician. This month I've done a lot of writing. On top of whipping up an extended marketing study for my employer, I've start and maintained this blog and started working out another blog that should be launching soon.

Today, I switched gears and sat down to work on some music. The result is a song called Solar Flare. I noticed how change from writing to music allowed me to also tap other aspect of my creativity that my writing perhaps doesn't. As a result, I'm reminded how good it feels having an outlet that lets me escape my normal medium of creative expression, yet still be creative.

So the lesson, I guess, is this: switching mediums helps in tapping creativity. And if you don't have another creative outlet aside from writing, maybe you should find one. Who knows? You might have some hidden talent you never knew about?

No comments: