Thursday, April 17, 2008

Clearly, I'm Unemployed.

I had a unique experience today. For the first time in my entire working life (16 years to date), I was let go. While I'm still unclear as to the reason, I refuse the let the change get me down. Whenever I've moved from one position to another, I've always been thankful for the opportunities I've been given, appreciative of the new things I've been able to learn, and eager to begin moving forward at doing my best in the next adventure. This is no exception.

In many respects, this change will allow me to move forward with other interests I have put on hold out of a basic respect for my former employer. Because that is no longer and issue, I'm putting myself out there.

As of now, I'm available on a freelance basis for those who would like the benefit of a writer (both copywriting and creative writing) with no shortage of ideas, a crazy good work ethic, and an ability to get along swimmingly with anyone. I'm also available for speaking engagements regarding the nature of creativity and how to harness it. And because my creativity knows no bounds, I'm also available for audio production/scoring engagements as I have my own studio and more than 10 years of production experience.

Moving forward, I do have some plans that might interest all of you. I'm currently working on the second edition of my book, Tapping Creativity. I'll be updating sections on blogging and others, as well as including my free eBook "The Lonely Writer". That said, if there are topics that you would like to see covered in the book and on this blog, please feel free to comment.

Also, if you purchase the first edition of Tapping Creativity now, I will send you a copy of the second edition for free when it is completed (and before it is available for sale). You can purchase Tapping Creativity here or contact at tappingcreativity@gmail.com to purchase that way...or, you know, because you want to see a fantastic resume.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable is the only word that comes to mind, especially because it happened to me on the same day (Different company though). Keep the positive attitude, don’t let it get you down, move forward and do all the things you didn’t have time for. One day, when you make it big in writing or music, don’t forget us little people. Lol..

Keep the faith bro... It’s an opportunity….

Jim from JimMoon.com

Unknown said...

Often the things that appear to be the worst thing that could happen open up doors we never would have found. Losing a job (and income)is tough but I know that you're on to bigger and better things. You're talented and creative and when you retell this story on Good Morning America, you'll tell it with joy!

Wishing you all the best and I hope you keep blogging. ;-)

Karen Swim